The New Hampshire eRx initiative began in the fall of 2006, with the goal of having all New Hampshire primary care physicians with access to eRx technology by the fall of 2007 and all New Hampshire specialty physicians with access by the fall of 2008. It is estimated that close to half of the primary care physicians already have access to basic eRx capabilities through electronic medical record (EMR) systems at New Hampshire's larger hospitals and physician groups. For those not using EMR systems, there are stand alone web-based and PDA platforms that have eRx capability. Our efforts in 2007 focused on building partnerships and focusing on implementation strategies.
- Working with SureScripts to ensure that more than 80% of New Hampshire’s pharmacies are ready to conduct ePrescribing transactions.
- Working with RxHub to ensure that the majority of New Hampshire insurers are connected to RxHub’s eligibility and formulary electronic network.
- Developing a partnership with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield New Hampshire to develop and roll out a free ePrescribing solution to any New Hampshire prescriber. The solution uses a web-based application and a SprintTM Smartphone to connect to the National ePrescribing Patient Safety Initiative electronic network.
- Supporting the Governor’s press conference event in October of 2007, which highlighted the progress made to date.
Plans for 2008 include
- Continuing to seek provider partners who wish to implement ePrescribing.
- Continuing to ensure that both pharmacies and health plans are connected to SureScripts and RxHub.
- Continued marketing of the benefits of ePrescribing.
- NH ePrescribing Isuue Brief - 2010
- April 29, 2009: National Progress Report on E-Prescribing
- October 10, 2008: eRx Update to Quality of Care Team
- October 7, 2008: Clinician's Guide to ePrescribing
- June 26th, ePrescribing Update: Presentation to the Quality Team
- June 2008, Electronic Prescribing: Becoming Mainstream Practice
- ePrescribing in NH White Paper
- Fact-Sheet: Benefits of ePrescribing
- ePrescribing Q & A for Pharmacists & Providers
- ePrescribing Collaborative: A Bridge to the 21st Century
- October 10, 2007 Governor Lynch's eRx Press Release